Here’s a few tips we thought would help those of you wanting more knowledge about brazilian waxing and bikini waxing:
- Bath. For the purpose of cleanliness and also because the warm water softens the hair follicle and opens the pores.
- Trim your hair prior to your appointment, but NOT too short(the length of your hair down there’ should be a grain of rice). Most of the time your esthetician will do this as needed but it’s much easier when you come prepared.
- Let the hair grow for at least 10 days after shaving.
- Use numbing products or pain relief medicine, such as Advil, or Ibuprofen 1 hour prior to your appointment, but it is not necessary.
- Wear loose fitting pants to your appointment. If you’re comfortable enough, go panty free. Let it breathe.
- Don’t take alcohol prior to waxing, because it tightens pores, which can lead to a painful waxing experience. Avoid caffeine. Coffee/Soda prior to your appointment. Caffeine can stimulate your skin and make it more sensitive.
- For those of you concerned about pain. Avoid booking your appointment around the time of your period, espesially before. Trust us!!
- Go to an esthetician who is as concerned about your health as you are. No double dipping! No contaminated wax! If you spot her doing so, don’t be afraid to speak up.
- Avoid pools and hot tubs the day of your wax.Use sun protection when exposing your skin to the sun. It is especially important during the first 24 hours after waxing in order to avoid redness.
- Ask your esthetician to apply aloe vera lotion or something of the like afterward. It’s also a good idea to purchase your own.
- Exfoliate your bikini area a couple times a week to prevent ingrown hairs.
- P.S.Book routine waxes (every 4-6 weeks) not holiday or semi-annual waxes!
Vancouver Green Spa